Mega-Linter is an 100% Open-Source tool for CI/CD workflows that analyzes consistency and quality of 43 languages, 20 formats, 16 tooling formats , abusive copy-pastes and spelling mistakes in your repository sources, generates various reports, and can even apply formatting and auto-fixes, to ensure all your projects sources are clean, whatever IDE/toolbox are used by their developers.
Projects need to contain clean code, in order to avoid technical debt, that makes evolutive maintenance harder and time consuming.
By using code formatters and code linters, you ensure that your code base is easier to read and respects best practices, from the kick-off to each step of the project lifecycle
Not all developers have the good habit to use linters in their IDEs, making code reviews harder and longer to process
By using Mega-Linter, you'll enjoy the following benefits for you and your team:
- At each pull request it will automatically analyze all updated code in all languages
- Reading error logs, developers learn best practices of the language they are using
- Mega-Linter documentation provides the list of IDE plugins integrating each linter, so developers know which linter and plugins to install
- Mega-Linter is ready out of the box after a quick setup
- Formatting and fixes can be automatically applied on the git branch or provided in reports
- This tool is 100% open-source and free for all uses (personal, professional, public and private repositories)
- Mega-Linter can run on any CI tool and be run locally: no need to authorize an external application, and your code base never leaves your tooling ecosystem
All linters are integrated in the Mega-Linter docker image, which is frequently upgraded with their latest versions
|Code quality checker||Linter||Configuration key||Format/Fix|